Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Spiritual Group

I do not understand how a spiritual group can be so loud. The book discussion group I attended was put in their space and I think they retaliated by speaking loudly in an adjacent space. Two members seemed slightly put off, but polite when I informed them what our group consisted of. We had 16, they only had 8, so we got the bigger space.
But the thought persisted that their discussion went deeper than ours. I thought about sneaking out to use the bathroom and eavesdrop, but our moderator is not crazy about people getting up and leaving during the discussion. We go deep, but don't deal with the whole Supreme Being concept.
If God were watching, would He be annoyed? I mean, it was the B&N employee who put us there. I did notice there were no men in the spiritual group. For that matter, I was the only guy in our group. It was a Monday night and the Packers were playing the Seahawks. You would think not every guy is a football fan. At least some might be seeking intellectual enrichment.
Maybe next month we can incorporate the spiritual group into ours. I will be leading the discussion on my book, Plowed In, and perhaps one of them can come up with a parable based on my title. Or maybe a fight will break out, which could lead to a short story, a win win situation for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment