Monday, September 3, 2012

Who Are These Guys?

I see them sitting alone in parked cars in parks. I see them standing outside stores and supermarkets. I see them at parades watching the crowd instead of the parade. I see them sitting in libraries not reading. I see them glued to seats in coffee shops pretending to work on their laptops. I see them at bus stops, train stations, marinas, walkways, picnic grounds, basketball courts. I see them walking slowly, eyes darting back and forth on crowded sidewalks in urban areas.
They are men, all men and none seem to have a discernible purpose.
I don't like this one bit. But I am hesitant to ask what exactly they are up to and I don't feel right calling a cop because who's to say whether most of these men are undercover themselves.
Still, I sense something nefarious is going on. They are planning something, either as a group, or individually. The other day I parallel parked near my walking route around a park lake and as I got out I spotted an elderly man sitting at the wheel directly behind me. He was monitoring me, I know it.
The question is why and who the hell are these guys?

No comments:

Post a Comment