Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Town Without Pity

How can one live without passion? I am passionate about one thing--anchovies. Wherever I've lived and worked I've stayed near anchovies.
Once, on a blind date, I tried to explain my anchovy love to the young lady. Her reaction spoke volumes. She performed a citizen's arrest before we got past the appetizer. Ignorance is the bane of this town without pity. I bought a home here thinking it was a tolerant place. Stored crates of anchovies in my basement freezer. Did not realize I was violating foolish zoning laws.
We had a block party and I wanted to share my treasure with neighbors. Crates of anchovies ready to be consumed. Some sick SOB turned me in. You can't trust anyone. I paid a fine and did 50 hours of community service providing solace to condemned lobsters. But people just won't let it go. I am shunned everywhere I go. Even the crossing guard looks away when I am near.
What ever happened to a pluralistic society? To liberalism? To delicacies and enchanting finger food?

No comments:

Post a Comment