Sunday, January 28, 2018

Full Stop

Periodically, my mind comes to a full stop. Entertaining complex thoughts can be exhausting, causing a need for rest.
I will read one of my books, which does not require any engagement of the brain stem. I pass the time by examining my entire body for lint. I listen to old Ronald Reagan speeches, so mellifluous and soothing. I'll watch a Will Ferrell movie or The Bachelor TV show.
I will sit in the park and watch people fooling with their fidget spinners. Do a power walk, ride my bike for miles.
After recharging, I return to engage in deep thinking and forming layered insights. I never talk down to those with inferior cognition. Call it compassion, modesty, maturity.
All these reflections are exhausting me. I will now return to picking lint out of spots you can only imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment