Friday, October 12, 2012

The Shoplifter

I saw someone get arrested for shoplifting today. It was at CVS. I had a 20% off coupon and I must have circled the store three times trying to find items not already on sale and thus ineligible. I felt like I looked suspicious as I walked to the checkout counter. So when four cops came rushing in I was ready to surrender.
Instead, they nailed a young man who shoved something down his pants. They had the cuffs on him in seconds. One cop held out a cell phone that may have belonged to him. The cashier was rattled. I turned and as they were dragging him out, our eyes met. His expression screamed What the hell? Yeah, he looked worried.
Outside two more cops were checking out a car with one window missing, looking at it like it was a puddle of vomit. Six cops to arrest one shoplifter. I did manage to save $3.70. I would never shoplift. Perhaps if were a box of Ike and Mike candy and I was really lusting for sugar. When I go to the wide opening sock section for people with circulation problems it looks like I'm casing the female stockings and underwear.

No comments:

Post a Comment