Sunday, December 28, 2014

Beating the System

There are four washers, one of which costs more, and three dryers, one of which is far more powerful, in my condo laundry room.  If you can't rise early enough to beat everyone else to the facility, resort to another strategy. Show up unshaven, unclean, leering and cackling. If a woman arrives at the same time, most likely she will scurry away in fear and you are home free.
If two men show up, both employing the same strategy, if you are a senior citizen, stoop, moan, cough on him, mumble a question like, why aren't the damn meds working? That should drive him off.
When I am alone with that huge dryer and I hear its humming as the clothes tumble, I imagine I am in a nuclear sub off the coast of Greenland keeping our country safe. Then the buzzer goes off, returning me to reality--an unshaven, smelly, stooped, coughing old guy who has once again beaten the condo laundry room system.

No comments:

Post a Comment