Monday, April 1, 2013

Business as Usual

When the asteroid hit I was meditating
Fire all around me
Screams, sirens, smoke and debris
Sobbing and wailing
I repeated my secret mantra
As my roof caved in

Soothing sounds floated from me
Mixing with bullhorn shouts from outside
I moved as if sleepwalking
Calming every nerve
I am my own universe
There is Oneness within me

Neighbors covered in blood and ashes
Staggering in the street
Let the All Powerful Pulse protect you
Come meditate with me
Let us move from yoga position to position
Embrace our mutual spirituality
Come flow with me

The first shot hit me in the shoulder
The second blew off my kneecap
The warm contentment was replaced by screaming
I had reached the next stage of awareness
Severe pain
Followed by vomiting
I told myself this dust was my dust
I can learn from all this coughing
And enter the next realm

No comments:

Post a Comment