Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Bookcase

The bookcase behind my bed collapsed at 2AM. Luckily it slid sideways to the floor or I might have been crushed by high class literature. I had to get up and pile all the books on furniture and the floor quietly. Two days before, a shelf in my kitchen collapsed, throwing canned goods all over the floor.
I don't believe in ghosts. I might take notice of anything further that is strange. Noises, shadows, blinding light. I might be imagining this, but I think my microwave hums at night. Opening a dialogue with appliances is one way to go. Just to let them know I'm aware of their needs.
A large crucifix above the bookshelf was slightly askew after the collapse. I straightened it, feeling it may have interceded in saving me.
As far as the cabinet shelf, I just tossed out some expired cans of tomato soup and clam chowder that may have been in there since before the millennium. I resolve to buy stronger shelves and think about attending church more often. Why push my luck?

No comments:

Post a Comment