Thursday, May 9, 2013

Living at CVS

I want to live at my local CVS Pharmacy. It's open 24 hours and 365 days a year. It's brightly lit with many, many products I can explore at my leisure. There are snacks and cereal and canned gods, ice cream and soda.
Near the pharmacy section in the rear, there's a couple of chairs for people waiting for prescriptions. I can sit there reading books and magazines located on a rack nearby. The front end sales people are always pleasant. They could be my friends. The clerks and pharmacists are there for me to answer all my drug questions. If I have a panic attack I'm sure they will hug me and speak quietly until it's over.
If I get chest pains I can use the blood pressure machine nearby. Once in a while I would venture out to the next store and get coffee and a donut. I won't look at the newspaper headlines.
Scary things are happening in this world and I don't want contact with any of it, including crazed celebrities. The security fellow at the door does not inspire confidence unless he has a hidden stun gun.
So I will just sit here quietly and not make an impact or fuss. Possibly months might pass before they notice me. If they kick me out I'll scramble to the Burger King near the laundry. Not as friendly but they have cinnamon buns and CVS doesn't. If former child star gone wacko Amanda Bynes stumbles in, I'll head out the back door. She can't run fast with those sandals.

No comments:

Post a Comment