Tuesday, May 28, 2013

New Toaster

I switched from a four slice toaster to a two slice toaster. This is my surrender to the idea of living alone. I like that my new appliance is smaller and shinier that my old one. There are more categories on this one, including one for bagels. I don't eat bagels anymore, but its nice to know if I were forced to consume one in an emergency, I have a toaster that can handle it.
The openings are wider so I can fit thick slices in. Pushing the level down is the same, but instead of pushing it back up, I have to press the cancel icon. This is Farberware high class appliance procedure. Old crumbs from the old toaster had to be scooped up. Some were from the Clinton presidency. The beauty of this model has led me to contemplate getting a blender. I know a woman who tosses everything into her blender and drinks entire meals. Saves on utensil usage.
I feel like having a tuna sandwich on toast. I have every confidence my new friend can handle this. At some point I know I will have to slip a frozen waffle in. One challenge at a time. Too much excitement for one single man.

No comments:

Post a Comment