Friday, May 17, 2013

Burger King Upgrade

Burger King upgraded my order tonight because I asked for a small coffee and they had to make it. After I waited ten minutes, the other counter girl asked if I was being helped. When I explained the delay, she apologized and gave me a medium coffee upgrade, followed by an upgrade from small fries to medium fries. Who was I to argue? Now I will fill out their survey and become eligible for a free chicken sandwich.
Perhaps the same strategy could be applied to relationships. If either one of the parties has to wait an extra few hours for sex, there could be an upgrade consisting of more sex than originally planned. Look, over 50% of marriages dissolve, while Burger King continues to make a profit. Who's onto something here?
They always give me more milk containers than I need and I return those I don't use rather than sell them on the black market. Now ketchup is another story. You don't return extra ketchup or mustard, not while there are shadowy figures willing to deal. These are the same people who tried to corner the market on Twinkies when it looked like they were endangered.
Sometime I will relate my new experience with Wendy's almond and berry salad. Have patience.

No comments:

Post a Comment