Friday, July 22, 2016

Beanie

I was second banana on a second rate children's show and was required to wear a colorful beanie with a propeller on top. The kids were afraid of me. I became an object of ridicule.
When I retired I decided to burn all my beanies. Then I got an idea. I put them on Craigslist. Over the years, millions of kids, now grown up, watched that show. Maybe there was a market.
I was shocked at the response. Within two days I had sold all 79 beanies for more than you can imagine.
Then I got greedy. I advertised my clothes, socks, underwear, chest and arm pit hair. I flooded the market, causing the value of my stuff to dive.
I did keep one beanie for old times sake. After all I did make kids laugh when they weren't running from me.
Waldo, the star and producer, wound up being jailed for stock fraud.
I tell parents to limit kids to cartoons. Much safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment