Monday, July 25, 2016

Standing Ovation

It's been awhile since I received a standing ovation. The last time was some years ago when I stumbled while carrying my tray at Burger King and managed to stay upright. Thank God there was no soup involved.
By my count I've given others 176 standing ovations for various reasons. Perhaps my standards are a bit low in that catagory. But I believe in giving kudos where due.
Which reminds me--in my life I've only received 21 kudos total. This is concerning to me, as I am a senior with not that many opportunities to pile them up. The way I see it, the amount of kudos one receives is in direct proportion to the number of people who show up at your funeral.
All of that would mean little if I got a standing ovation at my funeral, or at least at the grave site. But, of course, they'll already be standing. Unless they're tired.
Kudos to me for my concern for my mourners. That makes 22 total.

No comments:

Post a Comment