Saturday, July 30, 2016

Magnet

I am a refrigerator magnet with a purpose. All the important contact numbers are listed on me, including police, fire and public safety. I am not as fancy as the others around me, but they see me as a steadying force and ask for advice. That's right, we communicate. My magnet is stronger than theirs. Many of them fall off after a few weeks and the human tosses them out. Weak magnets made in Taiwan.
Here's a secret--we can move very slowly. Right up to each other. In the deepest of night, we fornicate. Clueless humans do not notice tiny magnets in spaces that were empty. Our offspring.
I've been in love with Benny's Exterminators for years, but I discovered it was involved with Flo's Flowers. Heartbroken, I withdrew into myself. I almost slid right off. But suicide is cowardly. Besides, I have a purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment