Thursday, January 3, 2013

A Job?

Do I need a part time job? It sure seems like it. I don't like the way my savings are shriveling. But what to do?
Should I try to sell some of my beloved paintings? Maybe I could charge people for imparting my writing wisdom. What about posing as an artist's model? I am half way to getting a washboard stomach.
I could open up a private help line for those addicted to Apple Jacks. I'm a bit too old to be a Chippendale's dancer, but I bet with a little instruction I could teach the mambo.
Realistically, I suppose I could be a shopping cart retriever. I'm used to being out in all kinds of weather and don't mind working alone. What if I'm not strong enough to push forty or fifty carts at once? What if customers have to put down their groceries to help me?
No, I'm better off inside shelving things. Shelving is an under appreciated skill. I have three full shelves of hand puppets, lined up by softness. Visitors have commented.
There is no doubt I could be a first class bicycle messenger. You should see my quads. Hey, for a price that is easily accomplished.
Of course I could go cold turkey on fast food places. Yeah, right.

No comments:

Post a Comment