Monday, January 14, 2013

Stamp Thief

Someone sneaked into my condo and stole a book of stamps. That is the only explanation I can come up with after searching everywhere. I mean everywhere. I went through my credit card statements, my letter files, my garbage, my miscellaneous files, looked on the floor, behind and under objects, checked my wallet and pockets, every room in the place, including the bathroom. There is no way I lost a new book of stamps in my own kitchen. No way.
I am convinced some sadist got into my place, looked around to see what object would drive me nuts and correctly chose the stamps. I'm serious. This has got me angry and frustrated. Remember, that is $8 worth of stamps. I do not use online payment. My pension is from the Post Office and I'm obligated to support them by using snail mail and that means smacking stamps on bills.
So I went to the local office and bought another book. I was going to ask the clerk if there were some way I could get a freebie book to replace the lost one. After all, I'm a 50 year customer. But I stayed silent as I watched another $8 disappear. I promise you, somehow I will declare an added deduction on my taxes to make up for this unethical activity. I can't accuse anyone, but I'm on guard now. Next time it could be Gus, my stuffed bear wearing a postal uniform. That loss just might push me over the edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment