Saturday, January 26, 2013

How Will They Remember Me?

I want to be remembered as a guy who almost got rid of his Jersey accent. Who used to part his hair. Whose hamstrings were flexible. As someone who deliberately submerged his magnetic personality and let others have the spotlight.
I want people to appreciate my sense of adventure, evidenced by living in Hudson County my whole life and making midnight trips to White Castle. I hope my writing will inspire others to create and my wardrobe will take friends into new realms of mixing and matching. Remember how kind I was to animals, even turtles, not that they ever reciprocated.
When I finally do go to that laundromat in the sky I plan to donate one pair of my socks to every friend as a keepsake. I will encourage them to circulate my toothbrush.
On my headstone, these words: "Here lies a poet of gravitas". Most of my friends will have to look up gravitas.

No comments:

Post a Comment