Saturday, January 14, 2012

Contact List

My contact list for Joe Wannabes is growing. I always share my personal and professional achievements with them. Sometimes some fool will try to reciprocate by informing me of their own success. I'm too polite to respond in a nasty way, preferring to chalk it up as a delusional episode by someone who should be content basking in my limelight.
I recently posted photos of some souvenirs I picked up on my latest safari to the Serengeti this fall, while my wannabes were home changing tablecloths or some such nonsense. I try not to rub it in, but it feels so good knowing I have this wondrous life in the midst of so much banality.
I was thinking that should I have an emergency and need assistance, I should have another contact list of trusted, loving people ready to come to my aid. So far, this list includes only you, but, seriously, aren't you flattered?

No comments:

Post a Comment