Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Waiting for the Plumber

The condo board president, super and plumber check my walls for dampness. Some owners are complaining of damp walls. I told them my walls are dry. They didn't believe me. Have I ever found water on the floor? Never, I swore. The plumber looks at me askance. Why would I lie to a plumber? He is impressed by my sculptures and asks if I'm a world traveler. I tell him I frequently shop at Marshalls Home Goods.
The super tells me I need to stay home and wait for his phone call to let me know the plumber is coming to fix a pipe under my new $500 toilet. He says there is dampness in the basement coming from my pipe. I should demand to see this wetness. I use bowl cleaner that specifically states it will not harm the septic system, which I assume means the pipes.
They're trying to pin all plumbing problems on me, I know it.
The plumber called this morning because I wrote a note to the super stating I cannot just stay home all day waiting for this guy. I'm a busy man with a full schedule. Plus, I ran out of oranges. He understands and mentions emergencies being a priority, which I understand. We are two understanding men trying to get something accomplished. If he doesn't come tomorrow, screw the bastard.

No comments:

Post a Comment