Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday

Well Black Friday wasn't all that crazy. I hit Radio Shack for memory cards, AC Moore for art supplies and a bookcase, Modells for a gift fleece vest. I was basically in and out because I'm a guy who knows what he wants.
I know what balloons I will photograph at the Macy's parade and which I will ignore for aesthetic reasons.
The only hesitation I experienced through this holiday was at the Expendable Relative Wholesale Warehouse in Secaucus. I entered knowing I have a small family, but not certain who I would add, if anyone. Last year I found no one there terribly interesting on any level. A few were downright unattractive.
But this year it was a whole different story. Evidently a lot of families downsized over the year and the result was a succulent choice of f aux relatives. I left with a second cousin, two first cousins, an aunt, a nephew and a son in law. Could hardly fit them all in the car. But at least I'll be surrounded by actual people this Christmas instead of those cheap inflatable relatives made in Hong Kong. Hopefully one of them can cook. Now I have to find those extra air mattresses I picked up at a Labor Day sale at Targets. If this works out I may even get them cots.

No comments:

Post a Comment