Monday, November 12, 2012

Rude

There are some people I really don't care enough about that if they do not respond to a message I shrug it off. But others I do want to maintain a connection and if they blow me off for no reason, that is the height of rudeness. It's worse than making a snippy remark. No response means you are completely irrelevant. No one wants to be interchangeable.
One person who performed many of my monologues and skits and with whom I had a good relationship suddenly decided to cut me off. Three messages sent, none returned. It's been over a year since we spoke. I never paid her a cent for performing my work. Instead, I commissioned a beautiful watercolor portrait of her. She never acknowledged my act, never responded to my request to drop it off. I had no hint she would behave like this. I could send a nasty email telling her to grow up and get over herself. But that would only make me feel worse.
So her portrait hangs on my wall, smiling down at me. And every day my bafflement grows. You never really know another person.

No comments:

Post a Comment