Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Young Voters

I am uplifted by all the young people urging me to vote. Their belief in the system is inspiring. I respect their enthusiasm. We need people like this to ensure our future.
But ringing my bell, tricking me to come to the door, and then force-ably dragging me to a voting location, right into the booth and threatening to play Elvis Costello music outside my window unless I pulled a few levers is completely over the line.
I am going to risk stating that ultimately it makes little difference who gets elected. The people who own Bed, Bath and Beyond run things. Businesses. Shareholders. Sophisticated crooks and scam artists. That's who decides our fate.
The middle class has been dying a slow death since Clinton.
I feel like Chris Christie is sitting on my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment