Sunday, November 4, 2012

Strange Week

Beyond all the destruction and shortages, this has been a strange week. With the exception of stopping by my foot doctor to change my appt. and spending a few minutes talking to his assistant, it was a full week since I had a face to face conversation with someone.
I went to the Ethical Culture Sunday meeting and after an hour address about loss and grief, I stayed and had coffee, spotting an acquaintance, showing her my new book, Plowed In-More Switchblade Stories. She called over another writer, we exchanged notes and he asked to buy the first book, which was a pleasant surprise.
E-mails and phone conversations do not take the place of being with someone and seeing facial expressions.
I will try to get gas tomorrow. I did find a Pathmark with Sunday papers. The rest of the mall was shut down. Even the Pathmark only had power by the registers. I missed my papers.
I took an hour walk in the almost empty county park, had lunch at Burger King and now I'm home watching Giants football. Daylight Savings Time means it's already getting dark, but at least I have heat. Don't know if my luck will hold out when another possible storm hits mid week. Found mail in my box. Sunday delivery? Strange week.

No comments:

Post a Comment