Friday, November 30, 2012

Sweater Shortage

Why can't I find men's sweaters? Have men stopped wearing the zipper or button up styles? Do not talk to me about pullovers. I have shoulder problems and avoid pulling anything over my head. I'm looking for a brown, tan or dark yellow zip up sweater which will match my various outfits in those colors.
I have blue sweaters up the kazoo, purchased with my postal uniform allowance. I still keep them and wear them with the official patch. It sems to get me more respect.
Old Navy had just what I wanted, but a size too small. Forget Target. Not a single men's sweater of any type. TMaxx wasn't much better. K-Mart has disappeared. I'm desperate enough to try Walmart. Kohls might be a possibility with a discount card I got in the mail.
What can I say? I look good in sweaters. The market should be accommodating guys like me. I also wish my legs were longer. Try finding a decent pants with 29 length. If I go 30 I have to create cuffs which never stay up. The bottom gets worn out and ragged.
Perry Como and Bob Newhart wore great sweaters. Bill Cosby's sweaters were all pullovers. Come to think of it, I never saw Cary Grant wearing a sweater. I guarantee if he shopped Targets and complained, they'd lay out tables full of sweaters faster than you could say Sinatra, who favored ORANGE button ups, but who am I to judge?

No comments:

Post a Comment