Thursday, November 15, 2012

Nerve Test

On November 29 I will be getting my semi annual nerve test for the feet. Being a diabetic, these things are needed to monitor how much sensitivity I'm losing in the extremities. A man has five extremities, four of which are visible. All are, sadly, vulnerable to this rotten disease.
The man who administers my big nerve test is personable enough. My issue is with the test itself. He hooks up this prong device to a monitor and places the tip at various point along the ankle and foot and calf and unleashes a shock that jerks your foot slightly. My least favorite is when he puts it behind the knee. The test takes about 12 minutes. I cringe all the way through.
My foot doctor has a coffee machine and cookies. That is what I concentrate on during this torture.
There is also a small nerve test, which is just a little pinprick and that is basically painless. That man is older, bald, and more blue collar. I can talk sports with him while he goes through the procedure. I tell him when I feel something.
My foot doctor hates Obamacare. Maybe I should too, considering how much will be cut from Medicare. Meanwhile we're spending 8 gazillion dollars to fight wars in countries that don't want us in there.
104 million people voted. Where did it get us?

No comments:

Post a Comment