Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Caught You

Every year I clean out my refrigerator. Certain foods try to hide behind other foods. I find that cowardly. A four year old bowl of fried munch balls covered with sprinkles has been taking up space. My sister in law gave it to me and I feel family loyalty trumps common sense.
Yogurt and pudding containers fall over and crouch behind fruit, some of which is rotting. In my vegetable bin, cucumbers try hiding under the carrots, but their mushiness and juice give them away. Plum tomatoes crawl into the celery to no avail. I am merciless.
I caught you is what I tell them. This is all about quality of life.
It's like when you catch someone picking their nose in traffic. Without a word, using only facial expressions, you can shame them to tears.
Now this round thing which may have been cabbage is troubling me. I'll bet it contains bed bugs. I just hope my sister in law doesn't want her bowl back. Those little fried balls are probably glued to the glass by now.

No comments:

Post a Comment