Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Sudden Monsters

My Aunt Greta was turning 90 and we had a large family gathering. I invited some friends, including an English transplant named Martin. He insisted on bringing his special fondue even though the event was being catered. I gave in.
Cousin Ted played the piano and some of us slow danced. The catered food was delicious. Then, right at the end of the meal, Martin unveiled his fondue with special ingredients. It smelled delicious. We couldn't wait to dig in. Except for me. I was already stuffed.
As it turned out, I made the right decision. Within minutes of devouring the fondue, all of the guests sprouted horns, claws, and fangs. Their faces became swelled and distorted and their skin turned into lizard like leather. They growled and launched vicious attacks on each other. Hair, skin and blood splattered the walls, floor and ceiling. Unearthly howling made me cover my ears and drop to my knees, expecting looming death. Martin just sat in the corner picking his teeth. Then his humanoid mask slid down and I saw what he really was. Disgusting, but not as horrible as what my Aunt Greta turned into.

No comments:

Post a Comment