Thursday, December 6, 2012

Burger King Blackout

The lights went out in Burger King as I sat there reading a book. Luckily I had finished my meal, otherwise I might have let the lettuce and tomato slide out in the dark. I would have spilled the soda and tripped getting up and quite possibly have left a French fry or two on my plate.
No one screamed or panicked. I suppose I could have sneaked over to the soda dispenser and refilled my cup. Maybe even swiped extra straws. Don't laugh. As we filed to the door the couple in front of me found it locked. Evidently, BK has a system to automatically lock everyone inside in an emergency. Or so they can frisk us. Or maybe it's to keep others out. I am trying to imagine being stuck in a BK for hours, unable to see. Would there be grounds for a lawsuit? Copulation in the rest rooms?
Actually, it only took moments for the doors to open and there we were out in the blackened parking lot with nothing to do but start our cars and leave. The workers? Hey, they were getting paid for standing there doing nothing and I'm sure they had coffee. Maybe it was experimental. If you can't see the food it might taste better.

No comments:

Post a Comment