Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Well Wishing

This is the time of year for well wishing. You send out messages of support, hope and joy to people. You wish them continued success, renewed creativity, serene happiness for them and family.
This is all well and good when it comes to those who have been responsive in the past. You send them a message, they respond, life goes on.
But what about those who've ignored you all year? I mean seriously ignored you to the point where they never respond to anything. These are folks who, for some reason, have decided you are not worth their attention. It's not like there was an argument between you or you stole something from them. Getting inside their heads leads only to frustration--it's impossible. Evidently, some people get up in the morning deciding they will feel better about themselves if they snub a percentage of their acquaintances.
Should you continue to wish them a happy new year etc., hoping that they will comes to their senses and recognize you as someone worthy of their attention? Or should you just write them off as a loss and move on?
This year I'm leaning toward contacting a few and waiting. If they do not respond I'll toss in the towel on the rest of them. Frankly, based on their posts, they aren't all that interesting anyway. I will keep them on my social media pages in case something really great happens to me like a publishing deal. I want them to know about it. Boy, do I want it in their faces. I feel much better now.

No comments:

Post a Comment