Friday, December 7, 2012

Disappearing Dentist

My dentist has vanished. I spent a week calling and getting no response. Finally the phone company informed me the number was temporarily disconnected.
I am hesitant to drive past his office. What if there is police tape across the entrance? Is it possible he just snapped and went berserk on a patient with a drill? Did he do away with his receptionist? I wonder if he was secretly inhaling laughing gas, causing a disconnect with reality.
I liked my dentist. He didn't talk much and cleaned my teeth himself. He was gentler than the hygienists, who may secretly hate men and exact revenge by digging in under the gums. Maybe he served as a drug drop or sold illicit Poly dent. God, what if he wasn't really a dentist? What if he got off on x-raying teeth? Over the past three years he has filled no cavities. What if my mouth has been decaying all that time, while this fraud ignored obvious problems?
Now I have to find another dentist, preferably one without a sadistic hygienist.
Why do these things happen to me?

No comments:

Post a Comment