Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Tuesday Coffee

Is there anything better than sitting in Burger King sipping their Tuesday Senior Coffee, discounted by 30 cents, and reading Lee Child's latest thriller? I could have been at the gym, running with my club, or attending a Meet Up for writers. That would mean work. Punishing my body, coming up with insights, smiling a lot.
Here I can just be myself on a December evening. The guy sitting in front of me is blasting his radio tuned to a talk show. I don't even have to look up and acknowledge anyone. After 90 minutes I shut my book, return the extra milk containers to BK, and head out into the night.
Am I becoming a loner tired of people? Recently I quit three groups I was involved in and a fourth is ending because the facilitator is changing jobs. Today I could have gone to the library and watched White Christmas, but decided to hit the gym. Afterwards I went to Goodwill to browse. Found nothing that appealed to me. Reminded myself that I had only a dozen more days to donate tax deductible housewares, and I have to say, my knick knacks are far more appealing than what they have.
Six more days to another discount coffee. Nothing better than retirement.

No comments:

Post a Comment