Saturday, December 8, 2012

Your Hut is on Fire

This is the sixth hut to go up in flames. The Shah has declared this area to be set aside by eminent domain in preparation for construction of a state of the art camel trail. Coincidence? I think not. But what can I do? I am but a poor insurance adjustor. The Duchy of Kabarkistan does not respect my work. But the village where the huts block the trail is refusing to move. They were given the choice of relocating to South Kabarkistan, but the feeling is there is poor drainage there and floods are a threat. Also, they can't get cable.
Demonstrations have brought repercussions in the form of forced feeding of David Hasselhoff's CDs. The UN Rights Commmission is investigating.
My company is forced to make pay outs after what is obviously arson and the whole deal smells like oyster socks. Frankly, we should have replaced camels with cars long ago, but the Shah insists only the royal family may own a vehicle. It is doubly humiliating when the vehicle chosen is a 1988 Volvo hatchback.
What is really tragic are the two story huts without smoke alarms. I'll leave you to imagine the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment