Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Books

I've begun giving away books that I've read, and some I will never read. Books are heavy and take up space. I need more space. Self help tomes go first. I don't need that stuff at this point. I am who I am.
Classics are an issue. I want to keep enough so that when they find my body and go through my stuff they'll conclude I was an intellectual. But there are some classics that make me wonder who decides this stuff?
Friends have sold me their books and I keep none of them. Because they bought my books I had to return the favor. Agonizing decision--my Peanuts collections. After days of contemplation, I decided to let them go. But not Calvin and Hobbes or The Far Side. I can only handle so much sacrifice.
The Salvation Army is benefiting from my eclectic tastes. I just hope they appreciate the brilliance I am sharing.
Next, I'm tackling my rubber band stash. Old rubber bands are not dependable. That is a fact I did not learn from a book.

No comments:

Post a Comment