Saturday, August 29, 2015

One Thousand Posts

This is the one thousandth post of my blog in four years.
What does this mean? It probably means I have no life.
Seriously, I gave myself the freedom to write about anything while keeping it short. I don't usually go  into rants about current events because I have nothing new to add. I take the small stuff and blow it up into satire or quirky insights. No heavy lifting.
I thought about stopping at 1000 and focusing on my longer pieces. But the blog serves an important purpose. It is a release valve for festering annoyances not worthy o f a full essay. It also fends off writers block. You can't feel guilty about not writing if you blog a few times a week. It is also immediate. I had to pay a bundle to get my car fixed today. This space gives me the option of expressing frustration and blowing off steam.
I think Socrates would have made an excellent blogger. Kafka, not so much.
So I push forward toward 2000 posts. Never has so much been written about so little.

No comments:

Post a Comment