Saturday, August 22, 2015

Trash

The dumpster is my friend. I've been tossing out lots of stuff lately. Thirteen broken cameras, 1500 spools of undeveloped film, old buckets, heavy duty electrical cord, an old jacket.
Thought I'd have to get rid of my VHS tapes, but saw VCR player on Amazon. Hours of fun watching old films. I gave a basketball to the Salvation Army. My knick knacks are treasures, but some have got to go because I have no place to put them.
I should hold my own flea market. I hate getting rid of albums I will never have time to listen to. I just feel safe perusing them as a link to my past.
I have an onyx lamp that doesn't work. I removed the shade, put it on my bar and declared it a sculpture. Who's to argue?
Decluttering is a spiritual experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment