Friday, August 28, 2015

My Favorite Waitress

My favorite waitress is going to Italy with her boyfriend and I have convinced myself she's not returning. She remembers my name, always smiles, speaks softly and politely, never messes up my order.
She has a pretty face with a cleft in her chin and very strong arms and shoulders from her hobby, climbing. I know she will fall in love with Italy's mountains and climb every one. New Jersey will seem boring and tame. Within days she will forget about me and my love of orange cranberry oatmeal, my witty remarks, my compliments.
She does have big feet, but somehow that adds to her charm. I know young people should travel and experience the world. Still, I am forlorn. I want to gift her with a can of Mace to ward off those Italian Lotharios, who will wait until her boyfriend is drunk and out of it before they move in. But you can't take Mace on a plane, can you?

No comments:

Post a Comment