Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Feeding Squirrels

I don't care what the sign says, I will feed the squirrels. I have way too many nuts.Without them our parks would be lifeless. Squirrels attack no one. They are far cuter than ferrets. You can negotiate with them, unlike cats.
A squirrel once landed on my head and just went off on its way. No harm done. One day I made the mistake of providing them with a different diet by leaving open containers of tapioca. My heart was in the right place. Unfortunately, next day dozens were seen vomiting all over the park. My bad.
Nuts are what Mother Nature dictates here. I must remember to remove the shells on the pistachio. One more thing. Squirrels don't howl, screech or bark when excited. They hold everything inside. That needs to be respected.

No comments:

Post a Comment