Friday, August 31, 2012

Book Trailer

My first book trailer is on You Tube. Type in Book Trailer-Twilight People or my name and you'll see it. It runs just over two minutes and consists of a bunch of photos corresponding with the stories in the book. A classical music piece plays in the backround as I narrate the introduction to the book.
I wanted my voice to be as creepy as the text and it is. You don't realize how you actually sound until you listen to something like this. I don't know if it will help sales. Sandi Sola, the person who created it, is so imaginative in her approach. She did her sister Vicki's trailer and that one turned out great also.
Publishing a book really is a team effort. I have begun the tough job of marketing, which involves making appearances, this for the second one, Plowed In--More Switchblade Stories. My next workshop is Sept. 17 at The Nutley Library--a workshop on flash fiction. I'm getting better at speaking in front of people. I don't make enough eye contact though. I'm afraid of losing my place in the text.
Anyway, I hope some of you will give the book a try. It's available through Scribbulations, Amazon and B&N.
Now I'm immersed in creating more stories, writing and writing, always writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment