Sunday, August 12, 2012

What Do Geese Know?

Geese are watching me. I sit here on the bench and mind my business. Sometimes I feed them citrus fruit, but this isn't about food. It's about me.
The geese know something about me I don't want them to know.
Mostly, they face the lake, but there are times when I look up fast and catch them eyeballing me. I believe they are judging me by my past. I admit there was a time when I had an unhealthy interest in swans. Some people are into otters. To each his own. I never did anything overt, but swans could sense my passion.
Once the swans mysteriously left, as swans do, the geese picked up on my sadness. Since then they've been watching me.
The sensible thing would be to switch parks and defuse the situation. But what if the geese followed me? Can you tell one from another? Suppose there were swans in the new park? Could I control myself?
No, it's best I stay right here, showing no fear even if they waddle right up to me. I'm the one paying taxes here. Thankfully they can't give each other hand signals. The book I'm reading is Winnie the Pooh. Not a single swan within.

No comments:

Post a Comment