Saturday, December 31, 2011

First Night Joe

To generate some cash, I've created First Night Joe, a series of events held at my place on New Year's Eve for those sick of shelling out big bucks charged at various venues, as well as for tea teetotalers. The fee is $10 and it runs from 8PM to 3AM. Certainly if you wish to BYOB that's fine.
The evening will consist of vibrant conversation, light refreshments, music of your choice--I have an eclectic CD collection--some dancing in my limited space and karaoke if you're up to it.
The bulk of the festivities will focus on you watching me perform various activities--mixing salad, writing, painting, reciting my poetry, doing impressions of 1940's character actors, perhaps a soft shoe. I'll also be modeling some wardrobe items I bought at Marshall's during their post Christmas blowout. I have a unique collection of my old sneakers dating back to 1975. I will reveal my mom's broccoli rabe recipe, and show six albums of family photos from when we lived in a tiny apartment in Union City and I had to share a bed with my brother who kept me up half the night.
Of course we'll all watch the ball drop together in between aerobics. I expect my friends to be in top shape. It's the least you could do for me. I'll use the admission money for therapy, as you might expect. Let's welcome in the new year together.

No comments:

Post a Comment