Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Garbage

What to do with all this garbage we are generating? Work out a deal with Canada?
Are people bartering their garbage with neighbors? The new coffee machines eliminate coffee grinds. Reusable bags is a step in the right direction. Creating throw rugs out of pet dander is progressive. Universities offering courses in compost heap creation is another way to go.
I have a beat up old recliner. I sit in it and paint. Instead of using turpentine, I've gotten into the nasty habit of wiping my brushes on its sides. The result is a frightening abstract painting on both sides of my recliner. I could pay the super $20 to take it to the dumpster, but I'm embarrassed to let him see it. I actually obtained a perfectly good rocking chair from said dumpster. I wish I could say I have fond memories of that recliner, but all I recall is falling asleep at a bad angle and waking up with a sore neck.
Perhaps my biggest garbage problem is getting rid of all the bad sentences I've written. Suppose a garbage man with an English degree comes across a packet while dumping barrels. Would he become furious and turn me in to the composition authorities? I heard they use truncheons.

No comments:

Post a Comment