Monday, December 5, 2011

The Lurker

The kid, about 14, is lurking outside my condo. I pulled in and parked in front of my garage located right across from my place. He saw me and now he is waiting, yes, he is going to wait me out because I see he's holding some sort of folder and he wants me to sign up for something that is going to cost me money like support our visual aid department which is a victim of budget cuts and we desperately need a contribution, anything, a dolllar, a quarter.
I will out wait the little bugger by sitting in my car a few feet away, reading a novel from my Nook and I don't care if I have to sit there for an hour, I will outlast the ferret booger nose, except after five minutes I have to pee and the damn kid is still there, I can see him in my rear view. I sense he knows I'm suffering and will have to emerge. He dares not come to the window because he feels my disdain. There is a whole line of condos waiting to be disturbed. Why is he not moving? I simply cannot afford to buy anything extraneous; I have a budget.
I don't recognize him because I pay no attention to kids anywhere. In fact I move away from them as fast as I can. He could be from another town. I swear if he doesn't get going I'm going to give him the finger and I know he can see it because he keeps looking my way expectantly. Let the bastard lurk. I'll pee in my thermos. I have a back up container in my cabinet. No way I'm letting this kid win, even if it's Easter Seals. Okay, maybe I'll make an exception there.

No comments:

Post a Comment