Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday

I am a Catholic and I feel guilty going out on Good Friday. But I didn't want to just stay home, so I compromised. I went to a Dunkin' Donuts where ice tea is on sale for 99 cents, including the large size. I then read an article in the Village Voice about some guy who posts nude photos sent to him by vengeful spurned lovers. He gets about 9 million hits a day and turns that into cash. This is heart breaking for those of us who actually attempt serious intellectual discourse online and make nothing.
I can't imagine sending a nude photo of myself to anyone unless they offered me Pringles. The amazing technology that allows Pringles to make all their chips exactly the same size so they can spoon atop each other in that environmentally correct cylinder, with no wasted air space like in those stupid bags, that concept should be applied to rentals, which would leave a lot more space for parks and skating rinks.
I also can't imagine any religion banning Pringles, not even on Good Friday. The streets seemed relatively empty, libraries were closed, no free movies. The way I figure it, if I'm somber throughout the week, I'm allowed to smile on Good Friday and scoff down Pringles. Maybe if I marketed holy water online I'd make as much as the Voice guy. It would alleviate some of that guilt. And perhaps some of you would be saved.

No comments:

Post a Comment