Saturday, April 14, 2012

Please Go

You have torn out my heart and flayed it in the harsh winter light. My spirit is crushed, my will destroyed, my reason for living vaporized.
I offered you my being, my soul, my essence, and you took a sledgehammer to my sensibilities. I am a fragile man, a fount of vulnerability and you manipulated my weakness for your own devious ends. You stomped on my trust, spit on my loyalty, burped on my honesty.
I opened myself to you, surrendered all my secrets, passions, beliefs. I shared the full range of my fantasies, all the colors of my dreams, the texture of my dramas.
My plans for us were dashed against the jagged rocks slathered with black foam from the waves of your disdain. You have eviscerated me, left me a shell of a man. Without you, this is a Godless universe minus hope, happiness or worth. No philosophy will heal my wounds, no religion will create sense out of nonsense, no sunrise will blot out my despair.
Why? One lousy genital wart.
Leave me be. Remove yourself from my pitiful existence.Please go.
Oh, I forgot. This is your apartment.

No comments:

Post a Comment