Sunday, April 29, 2012

Hummus Lust

I discovered hummus yesterday. Oh, I had dabbled in it at various events, not really analyzing the experience. I mean, I already had peanut butter as a staple. I experimented with almond butter, and, of course, there was actual butter. Who needed another spread or dip?
Well I did. As embarrassing as it is to admit, I have led a life devoid of dip. I can't explain it. Dip was never a goal or need for me. I suppose it's like those who never eat grapes. I consume tons of grapes. I can't imagine my life without grapes.
Anyway, I was at this outdoor event in NY and they were giving away free cups of hummus, along with a small bag of pretzels. I won't mention the brand because I don't plug things except for Pringles. I sat down on a bench and let me tell you I went through that hummus like Rommel blasting through Africa. I quickly ran out of pretzels and began using my index finger to dig out every bit. I was a hummus whore. A worker came over and asked me to do a survey about the product. I waxed eloquent, believe me. I was rewarded with a $10 Amazon gift card. So I discovered a food staple, which I will now pursue at every market visit, as well as getting ten bucks.
I just wonder if you rub the hummus over certain body parts whether the same sensual experience is duplicated. I probably should move past that.

No comments:

Post a Comment