Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Five Bucks

I found a folded up five dollar bill on the ground while power walking. If I had been jogging as in years past I would have sped right past it. Some part of me, I'm embarrassed to admit, wished it were a twenty. There's always a moment after you scoop it up when you want to look around to see if anyone is in the area and might have dropped it. A few weeks before at the Post Office I noticed an elderly woman drop money in the lobby as she was filling out a form. I immediately brought it to her attention.
I'd like to think if I see it get dropped I'll do the right thing.
I used the $5 to pay for a load of laundry. If I were lacking in ethics I would have bought drugs or booze.
Why don't people just use a wallet? Maybe it was a jogger who needed it to buy cold water and now became dehydrated and faint. Now I feel guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment