Saturday, August 6, 2016

Ladder

A little more to the left, his wife instructed.
I can't get any more left, Bernie Sanders replied. He was trying to hang a photo of FDR for 20 minutes and his arms hurt. Now the ladder began wobbling.
Hold the ladder, he said. I'm in the l\kitchen getting you cold water, she replied.
Did I ask for water? Do I look dehydrated? Water is not the solution to this country's problems. 36% of people cannot afford ladders. 23% cannot afford nails.
Bernie, you have to move on. She won, you lost.
He gritted his teeth and declared, I should have pointed my finger more and shouted louder. No one can out decibel that woman.
He finally got the FDR photo straight. Bless that man, he muttered.
His loving wife looked up and said, For a 74 year old man, Bernie, you still have a nice tush.

No comments:

Post a Comment