Friday, August 26, 2016

Writers Retreat

What goes on at these things? I know people who've done them and seem to have a good experience, but how much actual writing gets done? Three day retreats mean you will see others in the morning before they shower in their footie pajamas.
I just can't envision myself writing for more than two hours a day. Then I will need to leave and do a power walk or explore the area. I suppose there is much small talk during these things. That is not my strength. If someone begins telling jokes and it comes to my turn, I don't know many jokes or funny stories. I'm basically a serious guy who snores a bit and that may present a separate problem
What if all age groups are at this retreat? Will the younger ones actually speak to the fossils? Will the fossils launch into long diatribes against post modernists? Will there be ping pong and darts? Who chooses the food? What if there's a power outage in winter and writers have to huddle for warmth?
Writers do not huddle well.
No, I think I'll pass on the retreat schedule, stay holed up in my room and create my masterpiece. In my footie pajamas.

No comments:

Post a Comment