Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Short Story Development

Here I go again, starting another short story. I know my central character well because I've used her in eight other stories. I've already introduced two new characters in the first few pages. I'm not sure how many others will pop up or whether I'll return to some as the plot progresses. I have a general idea of what the narrative is. But interaction among the characters is more important than solving the mystery in my work.
It really is exciting to write long hand in my notebook, rarely knowing what my next sentence will be. Yes, it's a high wire act I enjoy and when it's done in it's raw state I'm already  forming ideas on how to tweak it to make it better.
Writing is scary at times, joyous and frustrating at others. Anyway, it keeps me off the streets.

No comments:

Post a Comment