Tuesday, August 9, 2016

New Neighbors

They had small tails. I saw that right away. Six of them, four kids. There's chanting at night, not too loud. One night I saw them spread out across the front lawn, eating the grass. My wife thinks we should bring over chocolate layer cake. I say wait awhile. No car in the driveway. None of them seems to have a job.
Al, on the opposite side of their house, noticed nothing strange. He's been out of it since his wife left with a house painter.
I finally decided to march over there and introduce myself. I rang the bell and waited. The door opened slowly. A large head peered out. I said my name. Its voice was cavernous. 'What? No cake?'
We hit it off and now my kids play with theirs. Turns out they are GMOs. Genetically Modified Organisms. Our government is always playing those kind of tricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment